Welcome to Caught Red Bottomed! Coldplay Met Gala 2014 Red Carpet L.E.D. (Elley Duhe)

My New (Human) Obsession

Sam Smith


Hello beauties and Happy Friday! Now, I was planning on introducing you to my favourite band The Strokes for my first music post, but I have just been SO obsessed with this artist right now I just had to introduce him first. 

Say hello to Sam Smith, a singer-songwriter from jolly old England. Now, he's been out there for a while but I of course was late to the party and only discovered him when he preformed Latch (which was released back in 2012) along with the electric music duo Disclosure on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon (who is also another human obsession - and has now taken over The Tonight Show - check him out, you won't be disappointed). If you don't watch Fallon already, aside from being hilarious (I've watched him since his days on SNL), he has AMAZING musical guests - which is how I found Sam Smith. At first when I heard the beginning of the song and saw their crazy computer graphics in the background, I was intrigued, but then I heard Sam Smith's voice and I was hooked (or latched - get it?). Now I can't go on without saying how impressed I am with Disclosure's production of the song, considering how young they are (22 and 19 - yep they're young). 





Music video for Disclosure's Latch featuring Sam Smith

But the cake has to go to Sam Smith and his AMAZING voice. I love how unique the tone of his voice is. And best of all, HE CAN SING LIVE! I can't stand singers who are so over produced on records then can't sing for their life in person. That's not an artist. A true artist has a real voice and real talent and doesn't need all those fancy machines to make them sound good. And the cherry on top of his musical cake is that he writes his own music. I really appreciate when someone can sing and write their own music cause you know the words comes from an honest place and they don't have to manufacture a connection with it like some singers do when they sing someone else's words. Sam Smith is a true artist. 



Sam Smith's Acoustic version of his own song Lay Me Down (isn't his voice heavenly?)


And come on, the guy even covered The Arctic Monkey's song Do I Wanna Know? (who are also one of my music favs - don't worry I'll get to them soon). 

He can just do no wrong.




Thanks so much for listening to my new obsession and I hope he becomes yours too. 

Head over to my Soundcloud page (find it at the top of every page where all the other social media links are) to see all my favourite music and tune in every Friday for more of my favourite artists! 

Don't forget to check our previous post: Fab Five: Winter Edition - Part 4

Stay musical and stay fabulous! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the tone of this singer's voice. It's amazing. So far, this whole day I've been replaying Sam Smith's Latch. I am officially obsessed with that song! Thanks for introducing me to him. I can't wait to see your next music post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm glad that you're obsessed too! Tune in this Friday for another music post! xoxo

      Delete

Web Analytics
Copyright © 2012 • Caught Red Bottomed • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com • Template Galauness by Iksandi Lojaya | Edited by Arusha J