Welcome to Caught Red Bottomed! Coldplay Met Gala 2014 Red Carpet L.E.D. (Elley Duhe)

Fab Five: Winter Edition - Part 2



Fab Five: Winter Edition - Part 2



Welcome back to the Fab Five: Winter Edition beauties! 

Next on the list is of course another obvious winter necessity, boots! I think good boots are just a must during winter. Especially when you have snow like we do, you just need them. No need to walk around like a cat on ice ladies. 

2. These Boots Were Made For Walking (in 10 inches of snow)

Other than jackets, this was also my worst problem during winter. I would buy boots so cheap that they would wear out and rip at the heel, and I’d come home with wet socks (I guess it didn't help that I naturally drag my feet but that’s besides the point). Of course refusing to buy boots that were good quality because they’d cost more, I’d wear the same hole ridden boots the next winter and try to prevent wet socks by wearing two pairs of socks (this did not work). Finally one day about 2 years ago I was shopping with a friend I decided I’d do it, I’d buy a decent pair of boots. Now I’ll admit, I was a little iffy about these boots. They’re just covered my knees and I never ever wore boots that were so high. I think the one thing that made me iffy was the fact that if you folded the boots over they looked like pirate boots (and because of that I never to this day have worn them that way) but pulled all the way up - they're fabulous. But don’t get me wrong, these boots are NOT made for hardcore freezing winters but they'll do well like 5 days after a storm. These are a ‘it’s only cold outside and most of the snow has pretty melted’ type of boots. They're warm to a certain level and versatile and even though they were about $100, I think it was worth it considering I wear these about every season except summer. 

Women's Leather Boots


Even though the boots I mentioned above are great, I think that if it’s below -10, you should just be wearing legitimate winter boots. The leather boots are ok for maybe the very beginning and very end of winter but not the middle. Surprise surprise, these next boots also came after my sister suggested them. I had been wearing the leather boots above for the last 2 winters (which have surprising held up) but of course in this crazy Canadian cold, my feet were freezing. I think about last year my sister bought these stupid crazy ginormous Sorel boots  which I half loved half hated. But of course they were super warm and were worth the money she spent yada yada yada. And of course since they were $190 I again said you are crazy and sticked to slipping around in my leather boots. Then this winter, I got fed up after standing in a warehouse sale line for 2 hours and not being able to feel my toes afterwards while my sister danced around saying she was so warm in her ridiculous boots. It was around Christmas time so I decided to just put it on my Christmas list this year (long story short my sister and our cousin who is like our third sister make these lists of what we want for every birthday and Christmas). We went shopping on Christmas Eve at the request of my crazy bargain hunting aunt and so I thought I’d pop into a store called Little Burgundy and check out their boots. I kind of wasn’t digging most of their boots because they looked like boots you’d wear if you were in the arctic or something and that just wasn’t my style. Then, I found this one pair that kind of looked Ugg-ish but it was the simplest boots they had. I tried it on, it felt like I was walking on heaven and I was sold. Only thing I was worried about was the fact that they only had it in the colour taupe (which is apparently a fancy word for grey as far as I’m concerned) and I didn’t like the way it looked with my khaki green jacket. But alas, after staring at myself in the mirror for 20 minutes I gave in but was still iffy about the price. And of course, my sister offered to get them as my Christmas present and the boots were bought. Either way these boots are awesome. They’re warm, comfy, waterproof and again, I can see myself using these every winter. 

Little Burgundy



Thanks beauties for reading and again if you're interested in any of the items mentioned, head over to my Luvocracy page and view my Fab Five: Winter Edition collection to purchase them all! Tune in tomorrow for part 3! 

Don't forget to check our previous post: Knowing When To Let Go

Stay stylish and stay fabulous! xoxo

*images via http://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Laundry-Womens-Leather-Knee-High/dp/B007JRNNQK
http://www.zappos.com/sorel-glacy-saddle-fossil


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics
Copyright © 2012 • Caught Red Bottomed • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com • Template Galauness by Iksandi Lojaya | Edited by Arusha J