Welcome to Caught Red Bottomed! Coldplay Met Gala 2014 Red Carpet L.E.D. (Elley Duhe)

My Shampoo Routine

My Shampoo Routine


Welcome back beauties! Healthy hair is always important so I thought today I’d share with you my personal shampoo routine and the products I use.

First let’s start off by describing my hair. I’ve forever had naturally thick and wavy hair. However with that I’ve also always had crazy frizzy hair (sadly it’s hereditary - my mom and all her sisters have curly frizzy hair). My natural hair colour is not jet black but a little lighter. I’ve coloured it twice - my first time was last January when I did the ever popular ombré (which I kinda of miss) and this past September I grew it out and dyed my entire hair a chestnut brown. My hair has been damaged over the years from pretty much straightening my hair every day in high school (yep I was crazy) and my ends are prone to dryness and split ends. As for the life of my hair after a wash it depends on what I put on it - if I don’t use any hair products at all my hair will last about 3-4 days before getting super oily but when I style it how I regularly do (either use a product or hair tool) my hair can last up to 2 days 3 days max if I use dry shampoo on the third day. Honestly, my hair can get so annoying sometimes. Like I can style my hair and it’ll look great but the roots, THE DAMN ROOTS always always always get oily so fast! Like the middle to ends look so fresh and nice but the roots just look like a grease monkey (what me and my sister call it).

ANYWHO, depending on what I do with my hair, I typically wash it every 3 days. Now when it comes to shampoos, I look for anything that will make my hair feel clean, adds some moisture but also helps repair the damage to my hair. More recently, I’ve also needed something to maintain my hair colour. Usually, I like to use all products from the same brand but I’ve been more open to using different products as the years go by.

At the moment I use 4 products - 2 shampoos, 1 conditioner and 1 hair mask. For my “every day” routine, I typically use Aussie’s Moisture Shampoo with Vidal Sassoon’s Colour Conditioner. I have to say the shampoo is pretty amazing considering it’s a drugstore product. It leaves my hair feeling clean while at the same time leaving it feeling smooth. I usually use the shampoo on my entire hair, rinse, then use it again but only on my roots since that’s the part of my hair that get’s the most ‘dirty’ if you will (plus this stuff smells like coconuts which I am in love with). After, I use the conditioner all over and let it sit on my hair from anywhere from 1-5 minutes. Now this conditioner is honestly the best conditioner I’ve ever used. It leaves my hair feeling so silky afterwards and I can say that overtime, it has done a good job maintaining my hair colour. Plus, I love how the product smells exactly like a salon product, no surprise considering the Vidal Sassoon line prides itself on being a salon brand but is available in pretty much every drugstore for the same price as drugstore products. 



Now the next two products also happen to be from the Vidal Sassoon line and I do have to say I am really in love with this brand and products because they give you a salon feel and clean but without breaking the bank. The other two products I use about every 2-4 weeks or right before I have to go to a special event like a wedding. The first is product I use is the Vidal Sassoon’s Restoring Repair Shampoo just to help repair my hair from the month’s worth of styling. The last product is Vidal Sassoon’s Moisture Lock 1 Minute Mask. I usually use this similar to conditioner, by putting it on all over then use a wide tooth comb to comb through my hair and letting it sit for about 5 minutes. This again is to just help restore the moisture in my hair and help keep it smooth and hydrated. 

Remember beauties, it’s important to find products to products that work for your hair but aren’t too harsh. I used to use a salon recommended shampoo for my coloured hair but the ph levels were SO high it was ultimately damaging my hair. My hair used to shed like crazy from the shampoo and I didn’t even realize it was because the shampoo until my sister pointed out she was having the same problem (we both coloured our hair at the same time and were using the same shampoo). I find my current routine now is a lot less harsh on my hair but I’m still able to maintain my colour, hydrate my hair and repair the damage done to it over time. I highly recommend the Vidal Sassoon line for anyone who really wants to achieve salon smooth and silky hair. I can honestly say these products have given me a hair epiphany and my hair has never looked or felt better.

What’s your current shampoo routine? Let me know in the comments below!

Don't forget to check our previous post: Spring Outfit/Makeup of the Day



Until next time, stay beautiful and stay fabulous! xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics
Copyright © 2012 • Caught Red Bottomed • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com • Template Galauness by Iksandi Lojaya | Edited by Arusha J