Welcome to Caught Red Bottomed! Coldplay Met Gala 2014 Red Carpet L.E.D. (Elley Duhe)

2014 MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet

MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet


Happy Monday and welcome back to Caught Red Bottomed! Last night was the MTV Movie Awards so of course I had to round up my best and worst looks of the night! Now I have to say overall I was a little disappointed by this red carpet but nonetheless there were some gems so lets get to it!

Best Dressed


Lupita Nyong'o in Chanel



Oh Lupita Lupita Lupita. I have to say she has honestly become my favourite red carpet presence of all time. She brings a whole new level of unique and refreshing fashion to the red carpet. There were so many bland and boring looks on the carpet that Lupita's one outfit made up more than enough for those dull looks. The dress is so vibrant and elegant and the little cut out at the back helps balance the high neckline. And those cerulean shoes were a FABULOUS touch to the outfit. Bravo Lupita - she put even some of the young ins that attended to shame. Plus her always playful makeup just tied the whole look together. She looked amazing.

Jessica Alba in Kenzo and Piece d’Anarchive


Jessica Alba is seriously like my major woman crush - she's just so damn beautiful! (seriously like does she age? I wanna look this good at 32 and 2 kids later!) This look was just as perfect as she is. The fitted bandeau top paired perfectly with that full yellow Kenzo skirt. The geometric shoes added a nice pop of print to the very Spring inspired look. Her makeup and hair enhanced the look by complimenting the playful and fun vibe of her outfit. Her entire look was just a breath of fresh air on the carpet. Just perfection. 

Zendaya in Emanuel Ungaro


Now Zendaya is one of the young stars that is doing it right nowadays. Over the last year I've noticed her style evolve and she is truly becoming a budding little fashionista. This outfit is just one example of her ever growing fashion transformation. The florals on the dress are the perfect size and pattern on her. What makes this dress are the neon panels at the bottom and back of the dress which help break up the floral print. And that slit! Damn does this girl have legs for days! If I had those legs I'd be walking around with slits in my dresses too! Her simple waves and makeup just add to the effortlessly chic look. Oh and what about those kick-ass spiked red bottoms! They totally toughen up the elegant print and speak to Zendaya's style. I'm telling you, this girl is one to watch in the fashion world.

Rocsi Diaz in Monica Rose for Lovers + Friends



The TV personality nailed it with this all white crop top and skirt combo. The colour was fresh and vibrant while the intrecet cutouts added such a great and interesting detail to the pieces. The simple nude red bottoms and side swept hair paired well with the look. The one thing I wish she had done was go a little bolder with her lip colour - if you're going to do pink why not go all the way? A bright pink or even a bright orchid lip would've took this look up a notch and added some interest. Still, I am totally obsessing over this look. Plus this outfit is a prime example of what some of the bigger stars should've dressed like.

Jenna Dewan-Tatum in Pamella Roland 




Jenna looked stunning in this all black look. That leather pencil skirt added edge to the sheer top with sequin detail. This was a look that was sure to turn heads compared to some of the other looks on the carpet last night. Again, I felt like her outfit also would've benefited from a bright pink lip just to add some interest to such a monochromatic look. Also it kind of looks like her hair left down was just an after thought and didn't really go with her outfit. This could've been fixed by simply putting her hair in a low ponytail and her entire look would've came together (I actually thought in the picture on the left her hair was in a ponytail - doesn't it look a lot better?).


Worst Dressed

Chrissy Teigan in Ulyana Sergeenko 


I really don't get what's going on here. Chrissy looks more like a cupcake fairy princess than a model. She usually knocks it out of the park with her sexy yet sophisticated looks but this looks like she was trying WAY too hard to look like a teenager. This is honestly something I could see Ariana Grande wearing - this dress would totally suit Ariana's fluffy girly vibe. And you know I love my red bottoms but the harsh black of the show completely makes no sense with this pink dress. With that said her hair and makeup do look great though. Better luck next time Chrissy. 

Rihanna in Ulyana Sergeenko


I'm sorry but last night just wasn't a good night for designer Ulyana Sergeenko. I'm all for taking the whole bedroom to the streets look - I think if done right you can totally rock lingerie inspired pieces or slips outside- but this just looks like RiRi rolled out of bed and onto the carpet - and not in a good way. The whole white robe look just looks sloppy and even Rihanna doesn't look happy in this outfit. The one thing I love about Rihanna's fashion sense is that she can wear absolutely anything because she has the confidence and swagger to pull it off. However with this look that confidence looks lost and even her hair just looks disheveled. Plus her boobs look like they're suffocating in that body suit and are trying to escape. Maybe she didn't have time to get dressed cause she saw a monster under her bed? Who knows but this was a surprising fail from such a prominent fashion queen.


Bella Thorne in Versace


Obviously it looks like Bella didn't take any fashion tips from her former co-star Zendaya. This just looks like a prom look gone bad. This dress totally doesn't make sense to me from the peekaboo cutout to the draping and the one sleeve. With this shoes this whole outfit just looks tacky. 

Rita Ora in Barbara Casasola



Let's start off with the good: her hair and makeup look like perfection. Too bad that perfection didn't translate to her outfit. I don't get why Rita always likes to show off WAY too much cleavage. She's a beautiful woman with a great body and she sure as hell can show off some cleavage but not that much. That cut is just so unflattering and it makes her boobs look like pancakes. And also the dress is in black, the fabric creases right at her waist line making it look like she's got a belly plus the length of the dress is just a little too long. She usually takes more risks on the red carpet and this look just fell flat for me. 


Nikki DeLoach in I Have No Idea (I really don't)


I'm sorry but this was just another attempt at a woman trying to look like a teenager on the red carpet. What's going on here? She looks like she's either ready to go to prom with Chrissy and Bella or about to head to a Miss America pageant. The huge bun and bangs don't do her any favours either. Plus the length makes her feet look stumpy - it's all just horrible.

Almost, But No Dice

These last few looks had great elements but just didn't cut it for the best dressed list.



Shailene Woodley In Balmain


There's just something about this look thats off. I love the crop top and skirt idea but I can't get past that puke green colour. And the heavy band at her waist looks a little disjointed with the whole look. Other than that I love the shoes, I love the twisted crop top and I love the pleated skirt.

Holland Roden In Salvatore Ferragamo

This was also another look that had something a little off about it. And I think it's those weird pleats on her side. I just seems very random and ruins the dress. Otherwise, the whole leather dress look is fabulous and I am OBSESSED with the colour combination of the almost nude with the bright pink.

Nicki Minaj In Alexander McQueen

Nicki really shocked people in this look and not in the usual way. I appreciate her finally toning down her excessive look but it looks like she cut out a little too much personality. I love the whole Egyptian vibe with the cuffs and the winged eyeliner but there's something about this look thats underwhelming for Nick Minaj (never thought you'd hear those words now did ya?). Now although she is known for being eccentric, if she did suddenly have an epiphany and want to tone it down, there are ways to do so without sucking the life out of her wardrobe. I think the fit of the dress is so perfect for her figure - if it was just in a sexier colour like red, it would've looked amazing. On the bright side, her makeup and hair have never looked better.

Kat Graham in Cavalli 

Now I have to say, I am obsessed with this print. I love the mix of the grey, white and black with pops of orange. However, I feel the fit is wear Kat missed the mark. It almost reminds me of when a kid tries on his dads suit. The dress just looks a little oversized for her small figure which makes no sense considering it's a wrap dress and wrap dresses usually accentuate the figure. It really kills me cause the jewellery, hair and makeup were all on point.


And that was my red carpet round up of the 2014 MTV Movie Awards! 

Oh and before I end off this post, can we all give it up to the real fashion star of the night, Grumpy Cat.

Showing Pharrell how it's REALLY done.

Which was your favourite look from the red carpet? Let me know in the comments below!

Don't forget to check our previous post: Welcome to the Neighbourhood

Until next time, stay fashionable and stay fabulous! xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics
Copyright © 2012 • Caught Red Bottomed • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com • Template Galauness by Iksandi Lojaya | Edited by Arusha J