Welcome to Caught Red Bottomed! Coldplay Met Gala 2014 Red Carpet L.E.D. (Elley Duhe)

Caught Coveting: Beauty

Caught Coveting: Beauty



Welcome back beauties! Today is all about the other things I dream about - the top beauty products I've been coveting for Spring!

Palettes
Now, I'm not a big eyeshadow wearer, but when I do I look for more deep, earthy colours like gold, copper, brown, burgundy etc. So you can see why I've been coveting the Naked3 and Chocolate Bar palettes. Now to be honest, I only wanted to try out the Naked1 because of the hype and was not really interested at all in the Naked2 or Naked Basics. But the Naked3 actually peaked my interest. The colours are actually the few eyeshadow shades I love and the almost overall rose gold essence of the palette makes me want to try it even more. As for the Chocolate Bar palette, I've been wanting it since I saw Youtuber Sonia Castaneda do a tutorial with it. The deep and rich colours are again my cup of tea. On the spectrum of colours I prefer to use, the Naked3 contains colours on the lighter side of the spectrum and the Chocolate Bar palette contains colours on the darker side of the spectrum. Again, I've never been a real eye shadow wearer but these palettes make me want to go over to the shadowy side (get it?). 

Cheek
These next two items I've been coveting for a while - NARS Matte Multiple Bronzer and Illuminator. Now I've tried my fair share of bronzers but they all either contain shimmer or sparkle which I hate when trying to contour my face. Plus, I feel that a bronzing powder just makes my face feel a little too powdery. That's why ever since I found out about these I've been wanting to get my hands on them. I also saw Michelle Phan use it in one of her videos and I noticed the creamy formula makes it easily blendable while the matte finish is perfect for a natural look when contouring. With the illuminator, I've been searching for one with a more pink undertone because I feel it'll work with my skin tone more. The NARS Illuminator is the perfect shade plus it would be the perfect product to mix in with my foundation to give myself a more dewy glow for Spring.

Powders
Left: HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Palette, Right: GUERLAIN Météorites Powder For The Face in Clair 02
Now even though I do have dry patches around my nose and sometimes on my forehead, I found that otherwise I am one big oil producing machine. So I'm always on the hunt for products that will help shut down the oilyness but not catch onto my dry spots. I've heard amazing things about all the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders so of course you could understand my excitement when I found out there was a palette with a setting powder, highlighter and bronzer. These have more of a glow than a shimmer which make it perfect for daytime use and like I mentioned above, I'll take anything that'll give me a good glow! As for the Guerlain Météorites, I've been coveting this FOREVER. Now I must admit, I am a sucker, a HUGE sucker for good packaging, so what's more perfect than this powder! Ever since I first saw it, the beautiful pastel colours, the packaging, I wanted it. Then I read review after review of what an amazing setting powder it was and it made me want it more. And again, I'm a big fan of anything illuminating so this is definitely something I'm obsessing over!

Lips
Left: Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain in 17 Encre Rose, Right: BITE BEAUTY Luminous Crème Lipstick Duo Vivde in Palomino/Violet
I'm a HUGE lip product fan. This has become a very recent obsession, within the last year, but I'm glad I've unearthed this obsession. I'm not afraid of colour so I'm always out looking for the latest products and shades I haven't tried before. The Yves Saint Laurent lip stain since is actually the first lip product I coveted. I've actually already tried it's drugstore dupe (the Loréal lip stain), and loved it but I've been yearning to try the real thing. Plus the particular shade I'm obsessed with, Encre Rose, is a perfect bright pink to try out since it a lip colour I haven't tried out yet. Plus since it's a lip stain, it makes it an even more coveted product because I love using low maintenance beauty products that don't require too many reapplications or touch ups. As for the Bite Beauty, since the only products they sell are lip products, I've been intrigued to try a lipstick from them. This particular duo lipstick is perfect because there are two lipsticks in one (the more the merrier!) and they're bright and bold colours which I love! Plus at only $15 a pop, it's a steal.

Tools
Left: Clarisonic Mia 2, Right: AMIKA 4P Interchangeable Barrel Curler Set
These last two products are things probably the first two things I coveted from the beauty world. The first of course is the infamous Clarisonic. I've tried my fair share of cleansing machines and I don't feel any of them have worked. With the raving reviews, I've been dying to try this out since it would be perfect to remove the dry skin that frequents on my face. Plus in a recent skincare video, Youtuber itsjudytime mentioned that she's had hers for almost five years with great results which makes me eager to try it just for the longevity alone since most of the drug store machines I've used have failed in a matter of months. The last product has been my only coveted hair tool. I love to curl my hair but don't get the exact results I want with my straightener and lost my only good curler years ago. The only curling tools I have left are a wimpy probably tinier than 1inch barrelled curler (Shirley Temple curls anyone?) and the Conair Infinity which I realized was not worth the hype because the barrel is large at one end and skinnier on the other end making it hard to get an even curl (again, more Shirley Temple curls anyone?). Ever since I found out about interchangeable barrels it's the only hair tool I've wanted. Of course the fact that it's interchangeable gives you the ability to achieve different types of curls with one tool but because the barrels are also the same width all around, you are able to get an even curl all around. I dream of making waves with this beautiful tool one day. 

What are some beauty products you've been coveting for Spring? Let me know in the comments below! 

Don't forget to check our previous post: Caught Coveting: Fashion

Until next time, stay beautiful and stay fabulous! xoxo




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics
Copyright © 2012 • Caught Red Bottomed • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com • Template Galauness by Iksandi Lojaya | Edited by Arusha J