Welcome to Caught Red Bottomed! Coldplay Met Gala 2014 Red Carpet L.E.D. (Elley Duhe)

Good As Goulding

Good As Goulding

Ellie Goulding Banner

Welcome back to music Fridays beauties! Today is all about the incomparable and talented Ellie Goulding.

Now if you read last week's music Friday post, you know that I was propelled into the world of indie/rock/alternative music because of a boy in high school. It just so happens I was also introduced to Ellie Goulding because of him (he was really into British artists).

Ellie Goulding is an English singer-songwriter who gained popularity from her hit Lights off her album Lights. Though the album was released in 2010, the song and Ellie really didn't propel into popularity until 2012 (you know when a song blows up out of nowhere and you're like hey I liked that song before it was popular - that's what happened to me too). 

Ellie Goulding

Ellie's voice is really unlike anything I've heard before - it's got this natural rasp to it and has an unbelievable range. Honestly, it is the most unique and haunting voice I've ever heard in my life. The best description I've heard of her voice is from Neil McComick of The Daily Telegraph: "Her tremulous vibrato and slightly hoarse timbre have the feel of something primal and folky, her birdlike high notes conveying a childlike wonder while darker tones imply ancient depths of sorrow. She sings like she is strung out on the melody, warbling from a place of desperate emotion. It really is that rarest and perhaps most accidental of gifts: an original voice". Seems like everyone is infatuated with her voice considering she's created tracks for various movies (like Breaking Dawn: Part IIThe Hunger Games Catching Fire and more recently Divergent) and even Prince William and Kate asked her to sing at their wedding (crazy right?). Oh and she's one of the few 'singers' out there now who can actually sing live!

Ellie Goulding

As I mentioned before, the thing that really sells me on any artist is not only their voice, but their ability to create true art though words. What I love most about her besides her amazing voice is the fact that she writes all her songs. I'm a huge fan of literature and writing so when I hear a song that has such meaningful and beautifully written lyrics, I fall in love with it and the artist a whole new way. The one thing I look for in any song is the ability to read the lyrics and not be able to tell if I'm reading a poem or story, or lyrics - and Ellie's words do just that. She also plays like every instrument in the book which makes her a thousand percent cooler (oh and she's also got a great sense of fashion and naturally cool dance moves so she really is the whole package).


Any who, I'll stop my babbling and let you listen yourself to the phenomenon that is Ellie Goulding. 

If you want to listen to her complete albums, head over here to hear Lights or here for Halcyon

Here are some of my favourites.



The song that started it all


Besides Lights, this video right here, of her singing acoustic was
one of the first videos I saw that made me fall in love with her.


I love this song and this video to bits


How amazing is this video

This by far is one of my favourite songs of all time -
 in my top ten along with Trying Your Luck by The Strokes (

Have you heard of Ellie Goulding before? What's your favourite Ellie Goulding song?


Don't forget to check our previous post: My Color IQ Experience

Stay musical and stay fabulous! xoxo


2 comments:

  1. I love Ellie Goulding! She's amazing - thanks for sharing!! Hope you can take a look at my blog and follow if you'd like x

    www.joyyiu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she just fabulous?! Thanks so much for reading!

      xoxo, Samia.

      Delete

Web Analytics
Copyright © 2012 • Caught Red Bottomed • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com • Template Galauness by Iksandi Lojaya | Edited by Arusha J