Welcome to Caught Red Bottomed! Coldplay Met Gala 2014 Red Carpet L.E.D. (Elley Duhe)

Everyday Make-up Must Haves

Everyday Make-up Must Haves


Caught Red Bottomed


Welcome back to CRB beauties! For today's post I thought I'd share with you my everyday make-up must haves! 

Now typically I do use all these products for an everyday look, but most times I find myself mixing and matching specific items instead of all of them. For instance, if I want a more natural look, I'd just go for concealer, powder, a brow pencil and blush. But if I'm going for a more glam look I'll include bronzer, loads of mascara and a bold lipstick. It all depends on how I'm feeling for the day and where I'm going, but these are the typical makeup items I reach for "everyday".

Caught Red Bottomed

Prep & Prime: I think it's really important to prep your face before putting anything at all on top because your makeup needs a base to cling on to! Of course, it's vital to use a face lotion and my favourite one at the moment is First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream since I have crazy dry spots around my nose and forehead. Again, it's important to make sure your make-up has something to cling on to so primer is pivotal. My absolute favourite is Benefit Cosmetic's POREfessional because I have HUGE pores and I can honestly say it fills in and erases all pores and has the smoothest velvety finish. 

Cover & Conceal: Personally, I deal with many acne scars and hyper pigmentation so a make-up must for me is to even out my skin tone. My favourite cover up products are the Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation and the NARS Radiant Creamy Conceal. The foundation helps neutralize my skin tone and feels completely weightless (it doesn't even transfer which I love!) and the concealer helps brighten up my dark circles and the creamy formula makes it easy to blend. Of course to apply both these products I use my holy grail applicator - the Beauty Blender. It really makes applying any product so much easier and helps give a natural application. Since I also deal with oily skin (combo skin is the worst) so I just have to set my make-up with a powder and I love using MAC's Blot Loose Powder over my t-zone and other places where I tend to get oily. It helps keep my oily skin at bay but doesn't cling on to my dry spots. 

Brow Power: Like I mentioned before, I recently got into filling in my eyebrows and I realized what a difference it makes to my face. I'm reminded of a quote "if the eyes are the windows to your soul, your eyebrows are the frames" - makes sense right? I have to say I am totally in love with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz and don't think I will ever use a different brow product ever again. I don't have horribly scare eyebrows but they still do need some filling in in places so this product is perfect. The pencil makes it easy to have control when filling in my brows and the spoolie at the other end makes it easy to quickly blend out. And to make sure everything stays in place (it is possible to have eyebrow hair fly aways) I finish off with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel.

Eye Caramba!: Now I'm not too much of an eye shadow wearer, I really only wear it on special occasions, but for everyday I tend to lean towards an eyeliner and mascara. Now this eyeliner has been my best friend for years. I completely stopped using pencil or kohl liners cause I found that it would smudge horribly on my lower lash line near the corners of my eye (yep the eye liner would transfer from my upper lash line to my lower - so annoying). But all my problems were solved with this one product. The Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner (what a mouth full) is perfect because the waterproof formula makes sure the product really does stay all day where as the liquid formula and felt tip make it easy to apply. And of course, my other best friend is the Benefit Cosmetics' They're Real Mascara. Honestly, this product is worth the hype. What I love about it is that it helps lengthen my lashes and volumize them but does not clump them up. Blush the way the brush is designed it makes it easy to comb through my lashes and get into the inner and outer corners easily. 

Lip Therapy: I'm the type of person that just can't go without having something on her lips. Like I NEED to have at least a lip balm on cause my lips just tend to feel dry. Now another product that I think is worth the hype is the EOS Lip Balms because they're super moisturizing and smell great (plus the packaging is super cute). And when I just want a little bit more, I use the Benefit Cosmetics Coralista Lipgloss. Now I'm usually not a huge fan of lip glosses at all mostly because I hate the stickiness of them, but this lip balm not only lasts long and smells great, it's totally not sticky!

Just Cheeky: I have to say after any bold coloured lipstick, cheek products have to be my favourite make-up products. Even when I only use certain products some days, I almost always include a hint of blush. My favourite everyday blush is Melba by MAC. I think it's just such a universal colour and is the perfect shade to add a flush of colour but not be over the top. Now when it comes to longevity I think MAC Blushes are pretty good but what I think will enhance the longevity more is a great base aka a good foundation. If your foundation isn't a good one, the blush won't have anything stable to hold onto. Bronzing is also another thing I just recently got into and I had such a hard time finding one that would a) show up on my skin tone and b) didn't have sparkles exploding all over. As I mentioned in my April Favourites, I had the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer for a while but never actually used it. This bronzer really was the answer to all my bronzing problems. The colour is perfect on me and although it has a little shimmer, it's not very noticeable or overly offensive. Same with the blush, I believe the bronzer will stay on longer if you have a good base but so far this bronzer has been great. 


What are some of your everyday make-up must haves? Let me know in the comments below!


Don't forget to check out the previous post: Met Gala 2014 Red Carpet

Until next time, stay beautiful and stay fabulous! xoxo


Caught Red Bottomed




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics
Copyright © 2012 • Caught Red Bottomed • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com • Template Galauness by Iksandi Lojaya | Edited by Arusha J