Welcome to Caught Red Bottomed! Coldplay Met Gala 2014 Red Carpet L.E.D. (Elley Duhe)

Coldplay

Coldplay




Welcome back to Caught Red Bottomed and another music Friday! Today is all about another all time favourite band that is near and dear to my heart, Coldplay.


Coldplay is a British rock band was formed in 1996 (believe it or not) by lead vocalist Chris Martin and lead guitarist Jonny Buckland. Soon after Guy Berryman the bassist and Will Champion the drummer joined as well and after a slew of name changes they finally decided on Coldplay in 1998. After recording a few EPs, they received real recognition in 2000 with their single Yellow. From there they went on to gain major success from numerous popular singles throughout their career, won numerous awards such as 8 Brit Awards and 7 Grammy Awards, and sold over 70 million records worldwide. They not only are talented musicians but have been active supporters of various causes and charities. Their most recent album Ghost Stories is set to be released on May 19th and with this Coldplay proves six albums and 18 years later they’re still on reigning supreme in the music game.


As I mentioned in my post about The Fray, I also discovered Coldplay through American Idol around 2009 through one contestant, Matt Giraud. I remembered hearing him singing Viva La Vida by Coldplay and again, was amazed by the song and just had to search it up. Coldplay was one of the bands that inspired me to play the piano. I remember hearing songs like Viva La Vida, The Scientist and Fix Me and wanting so bad to play it just as well as them. Even before I was able to convince my dad to buy me a piano, I took a piano course in my first year of highschool and would print out a bunch of Coldplay music sheets and spend all of my time in class trying to play those songs instead of practicing Hot Cross Buns (or whatever they made me practice in class I really don’t remember). And after I eventually got my piano, I remember the first day I sat for almost 5 or more hours straight just trying to nail The Scientist (which I eventually did). And because I wasn't a good student and actually didn't learn basic piano playing necessities like keys and scales, I used to play all their songs on repeat on my chunky 1st generation iPod and learned to play most their songs by ear (something that I actually am very proud of - everyone can read notes but who can pick up a song by ear? This girl can). Luckily, thanks to subtle (major) hints to my sister and cousin, they actually got tickets to Coldplay’s Mylo Xyloto tour last year and I was able to enjoy their amazing music live (PS. Coldplay has KICK ASS concerts - the whole atmosphere was just so awesome - it's seriously my #1 favourite concert I've been to). Like I’ve mentioned before, I really appreciate well written music and I remember listening to Coldplay and being entranced by the lyrics and the meaning behind them. Their music also inspired me to start wanting to write. I remember learning that Chris Martin had wrote the song ‘Fix You’ for his wife Gweynth after her father had passed away and I remember thinking how beautiful that was and just wanting to be able to write something similarly beautiful and deep. I have a different Coldplay song for every emotion or situation I'm in. And I know it might sound crazy but Chris Martin’s voice is just soothing to me. There’s something so honest and real about his voice and I love how much emotion there is in his voice whenever he sings. The best thing about Coldplay is that they’re always trying to out do themselves and though their style of music alters a little from every album, they still are able to stay true to themselves.


Caught Red Bottomed
One of the actual photos I took the night I went to their concert. It was a magical night to say the least.

Here are just a few (I say few because I love them all) of my favs.


Yellow






The Scientist


Fix You


Speed of Sound


Viva La Vida



Violet Hill



Paradise



Princess of China



Magic



A Sky Full Of Stars


What's your favourite Coldplay song? Let me know in the comments below!

Don't forget to check out the previous post: Every Day Make-Up Must Haves

Until next time, stay musical and stay fabulous! xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics
Copyright © 2012 • Caught Red Bottomed • All Rights Reserved
Blog at Blogger.com • Template Galauness by Iksandi Lojaya | Edited by Arusha J